I’ve continued to make Richard various cuff-links. Most are fairly simple. A selection below:
One thing Richard complained about for a while was how to store all the various cuff-links and tie pins I keep making him for gifts.
Thoughts turned to what would work best. At first I tried a paper-mache book, with the intention of using a ring holder for cuff-link storage. This didn’t really work as planned.
In the end I found a pine box with drawers on eBay and after a bit of effort came up with the following:
Well, I’ve completed the export/import from the old data base file backups of the old self hosted website. The cross posting meaning it has appears on wordpress.com also.
The attachments also transferred ok on the self-hosted site, but not wordpress.com. At least that missing content is restored.
Another thing I’ve done is changed around the theme settings, with a new header image of pieces of my work, which works ok, there are several versions that will be different on both sites and the site logo has changed too.
Now I just need to track down photos of newer items to post in the time I was offline, can’t believe I overlooked it for about 2 years, so many other things took my attention alas.
However, a bit of a sneak peek of items is below.
So I’ve been meaning to finish off making a set of dragon cufflinks for Richard and this weekend I finally got around to it.
They turned out nicely, if bigger than I first intended.
Richard loved them 🙂
I’m rather pleased with them too. so much so that I might make similar as pendants for myself.
Until next time 🙂
I’ve been meaning since new year to update the blog, but health and other factors have gotten in the way sadly.
Anyway, below is a collection of items I made as gifts for friends at Christmas. There are some I don’t as yet have photos for however. Some I didn’t like and changed before giving them as gifts.
First up the gifts (including gift box) for Richard’s Mum:
My best friend Natalie asked me to make some jewellery as gifts for her mum and her nan, below are photos of them, and the gift box I made to go with them. Also included was a 3rd pair of earrings I made for her mum as a gift from me. I made a second pair of earrings for her nan, but i didn’t get chance to take photos, which is a shame as they’re quite nice I felt.
Next we have the gifts I made for Natalie. I made a pair of necklaces which featured hand painted cat faces representative of her much loved and missed cats Smokey and Mystery. Also included was matching earrings. Shown in the photos is how I changed the design of the necklaces after reworking the wire wrapping to be more secure (I had recently gotten a new wire jig and was slowly getting used to it).
I made a selection of cuff-links and tie pins for Richard, unfortunately I don’t have photos of them at this time, though he did rather like them (they were Dr Who and Star Wars related so it was always going to be the case he’d like them I think!).
Since making these items I’ve not managed to make much else due to health issues and the packing/unpacking of craft/jewellery supplies when I stayed at Richard’s.
Until next time…
Last week I made a quick necklace for a friend to cheer her up. I Forgot to get photos myself, so excuse my friend’s pictures due to lighting being poor.
Today I made time to finish off a couple of items and make a friend a pendant, which has special meaning to her.
Firstly I finished off some cufflinks for Richard (pair of Darth Vader, pair of TARDIS). Mostly just varnishing.
I also used left over black clay for a pair of black dragons, which will get a red background and become cufflinks for Richard.
Made a cat pendant (blue background, black cat) for Nat as well. Also made myself a couple (purple background, black cat & black background, green cat), the green cat broke sadly so will have to redo that (the epoxy didn’t stick it properly and it was too curved).
Finished off a couple of Y Ddraig Goch brooches, one for Nat and one for my Mum. Unsure which worked best, think I might add some more black to the right hand one to define it better.
The pendants need bails adding, but otherwise are complete 🙂 not bad seeing as the cats started out not being too good (original baked backgrounds were not quite right shape wise or a little warped).
In my previous update I’d shown some of the experiments with polymer clay.
First some cufflinks:
I’m pretty happy with how these have turned out after some cleaning up and epoxy. The tardis ones need some painting to pick details out and then just need some varnish.
If you remember the purple backed tardis from the last post as shown below:
I wasn’t really happy with how it turned out, due to the method I used to make the shape of the backing. I’ve since ordered some moulds and cutting shapes to make the size better fitting to cabochon frames.
A bit of work though led to this:
I’m much happier with it as a ring.
Finally I made a couple of other rings:
I quite like how the darth vader ring came out and the two stones rings, one tigers eye, the other a lovely amethyst.
I’ve still to finish the Welsh dragon brooches and a couple of cat pendants.
All for now 🙂