I’ve continued to make Richard various cuff-links. Most are fairly simple. A selection below:
Last week I made a quick necklace for a friend to cheer her up. I Forgot to get photos myself, so excuse my friend’s pictures due to lighting being poor.
Today I made time to finish off a couple of items and make a friend a pendant, which has special meaning to her.
Firstly I finished off some cufflinks for Richard (pair of Darth Vader, pair of TARDIS). Mostly just varnishing.
I also used left over black clay for a pair of black dragons, which will get a red background and become cufflinks for Richard.
Made a cat pendant (blue background, black cat) for Nat as well. Also made myself a couple (purple background, black cat & black background, green cat), the green cat broke sadly so will have to redo that (the epoxy didn’t stick it properly and it was too curved).
Finished off a couple of Y Ddraig Goch brooches, one for Nat and one for my Mum. Unsure which worked best, think I might add some more black to the right hand one to define it better.
The pendants need bails adding, but otherwise are complete 🙂 not bad seeing as the cats started out not being too good (original baked backgrounds were not quite right shape wise or a little warped).
So in my last post I showed photos of a work in progress:
Today I finished it off and am rather happy with the result 🙂 Although one part of the ‘tooth’ pieces broke sadly in half, but epoxy glue fixed it, but it’s left a bit of a mess on the surface, i’ll have to see if i can lightly sand it off.
I also decided to make a pair of earrings and a pendant for my friend Natalie. Quick and simple, but I’m sure she’ll be happy with them 🙂
Until next time 🙂
I find it strange sometimes when I find the time to be creative and create new items. These were created due to having a horrid bout of insomnia!
Really quite happy with a few of these. The agate slices are so simple and easy, I’ve a number of other coloured slices so think I’ll do some more. I did attempt to wrap one with a more elaborate wrapping, but I messed up the loop and just couldn’t get happy with it no matter what I tried so cut it all off sadly.
I also finally mastered the double slip knot for adjustable cord necklaces. Needed for a couple of current items i’ve been trying to figure out.
I’ve been unwell recently so creativity hasn’t really happened sadly. I’ve still to finish/create the fairy and dolphin necklaces, but sadly not been well enough to try to learn knotwork at present. However I’ve worked some things out so i think I can get them done soon. I did though create a new necklace for Richard’s Mum as she sadly lost the other one I made for her birthday (a downside of needing magnetic clasps sadly).
I ordered a few cameo pendants recently as I like some of the ones I see. I’ve since bought some Fimo clay and a few silicone moulds, so I should be able to start making my own.
The butterfly pendant was a experiment to see how oil based nail polishes would work to pick out detail on a white cameo with black background. I think it worked out well, though how durable it will be I’ve no idea as yet.
I’ve also recently acquired some lovely items from local charity shops as shown below:
Until next time