One thing Richard complained about for a while was how to store all the various cuff-links and tie pins I keep making him for gifts.
Thoughts turned to what would work best. At first I tried a paper-mache book, with the intention of using a ring holder for cuff-link storage. This didn’t really work as planned.
In the end I found a pine box with drawers on eBay and after a bit of effort came up with the following:
Well, I’ve completed the export/import from the old data base file backups of the old self hosted website. The cross posting meaning it has appears on wordpress.com also.
The attachments also transferred ok on the self-hosted site, but not wordpress.com. At least that missing content is restored.
Another thing I’ve done is changed around the theme settings, with a new header image of pieces of my work, which works ok, there are several versions that will be different on both sites and the site logo has changed too.
Now I just need to track down photos of newer items to post in the time I was offline, can’t believe I overlooked it for about 2 years, so many other things took my attention alas.
However, a bit of a sneak peek of items is below.
I decided I wanted a new ring and a new bracelet.
The ring was pretty simple and not really any difference between it and previous efforts. I rather like the style and simplicity. I intend to try experiments with a few other designs, but that’ll be for another day.
I then started to try something else with another ring. But the results were not to my liking sadly.
I have had some memory wire for a while and not really been sure what to do with it until today when an idea struck me. I’m quite happy with the results for a first attempt. I’m by no means in my opinion good at this sort of thing but muddle through best I can.
The most important aspect however are not the results as such but the distraction that making items brings from fatigue, chronic pain and depression. All of which are a part of daily life, so any respite however small is welcome.
I’m quite happy with it though 🙂
I’ll be trying a couple more I think. As long as I can find enough suitable beads that is, the next one will have to be purple I think as I’ve already got a red one I found in a charity shop.
Until next time 🙂
So I’ve been meaning to finish off making a set of dragon cufflinks for Richard and this weekend I finally got around to it.
They turned out nicely, if bigger than I first intended.
Richard loved them 🙂
I’m rather pleased with them too. so much so that I might make similar as pendants for myself.
Until next time 🙂
Just a very quick post with a photo of yet another ring I made quickly last night.
I again managed to make it a bit smaller than intended!
The two similar rings from yesterday’s post were very happily received by people at my slimming world group. Though one was too big for intended recipient. But it didn’t last long before being snapped up by another group member, it happened to be the perfect size for her 🙂
I have no intention of making many more as I’ve always wanted this to remain a hobby. I think itd lose most of the therapeutic value were I to try and make a business of it. I also don’t think I’d cope well with deadlines etc owing to my health issues. The occasional item as one offs because someone liked what I’d made is fine though perhaps. 99% will be for myself and or as gifts for friends and family.
Anyway, back to it I guess.
A quick post with some more rings made as below.
Not entirely sure about the one on the right. I have run out of 18ga wire, think 20ga is too thin and weak for the design, but those beads won’t fit 18ga, so a bit more thinking on that one I
Happy enough with the other two though, made quickly for someone at my local slimming world group. Think one might be too small the other too big. but won’t know until tomorrow evening. If so I’ll keep them myself.
Until next time.